Friday, October 8, 2010

....Handmade Flowers...

Hey Everyone,

How is your Friday going? and I am sure you are all set for the weekend. Another Friday, another PCC challenge..yeahh!! This week you need to create a Card, LO or a craft project using only Red, Black and White. You can go by any theme that you like. Simple and fun.. right?? :)

So, going by the theme, I created a card set with some handmade flowers.
I made these flowers by following this wonderful tutorial here. {But, with a little twist :D}. I have not used any distress inks or glimmer mists; instead I used acrylic paints to color the flowers. I got plenty of them with me of almost in every color. So I used Cardinal Red with a dash of Metallic Pearl White, mix them for different colors and for some added glimmer. Dab my cut out flowers with colors, shape them, dry them, sponge some distress ink to the edges and viola!! they turned out pretty lovely :).

Here is my set of card created with these flowers:
 With some swirl stamping and add of rhinestones, they are made to suit every occasion.
PS - I have not cut out the petals for red color flower and shaped them as a whole circle. For the pink one, petals are cut and folded to give some different shape. I added pink color pearls (from my stash) for the center of the flower and stickle some sparkles on it.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes - challenge#38 'something from your stash' {I used almost everything from my stash - papers, blings, colors, center pearls}
Stamptacular Sunday - challeneg#79 'layer it on' - use atleast 5 layers {all my flowers have 5 layers}
Pollycraft - challenge#64 'anything goes'
A Spoonfull of Sugar - challenge#124 'sparkle and shine'
Creative Card Crew - 'blooming marvelous'
Your Next Stamp - challenge#26 'make your own flowers'
Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge#39 'cirles' {I used circular flowers}
If the Shoe Fits - FF#50 'distress'
SSDS - 'anything goes'

Recipe for this card:
Paper - white textured CS from Colorbok, simple craft sheets in ivory for flowers
Stamp - Stampology - Mindy's Flowers.
Ink - Coal from Martha Stewart


Have a lovely weekend and don't forget to enter into a challenge at PCC.
xoxo

7 Wonderful Comments:

Fiona said...

these are very pretty...awesome flowers...will need to try that tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi! Neeti, very lovely flowers, I have taken note of the tutorial. I love your idea of using acrylic paint,gives a very nice look, different from ink. Your swirl behind them is the perfect adornment, just brings out the flower so well.
Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Alica said...

wonderful! The flowers look great and create a fantastic focus point on the cards!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Darlene said...

WOW these flowers are awesome and I LOVE your creation using them! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges. I sure hope to see you again next challenge!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Beautiful flowers Thanks so much for joining us this week at the creative card crew.
Denise
CCC Dt

Unknown said...

these are beautiful! i love how your flowers turned out! Thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!!!

Courtney said...

These are gorgeous Neeti! Thanks for playing along with our Circles Challenge at Penny's!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT