Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Anniversary with Dots & Swirls

Hey Peeps,

Are you working on your creative fingers..lolzz!! You all are, Right?? A little quick post from me.

One of my friend's anniversary is soon approaching, so I though of making an anniversary card for her. I used a sketch from Get Sketchy, as this sweet sketch looks so elegant and truly saying I got a chance to work with my polka dot DP. Ohh!! I love the big dots :D. And then there was a picture inspiration challenge from ABC Design Blog. Just perfect timings for me :). So, here is my colorful card for my friend:


I added some blings; ribbons and bows; stamped some images of cake, butterflies and flowers on dotty PP; and viola!! my card is ready in less than 30 minutes :). I tried a new technique (some of you have probably done this before, but mine is first time); I stamped the sentiment on ribbon. And it really turned out well..yeahhh :)


I am playing the following challenges with this card:
Get Sketchy - GS#57
The Craft Den - week#18 'going round in circles'
Incy Wincy - challenge#61 'anything goes'
Wild Orchids - challenge#6 'ribbons & bows'
Practical Scrappers - 'stamps'
Ai Factory - challenge#49 'anything goes'
Pink Elephant - TPE84 'use aqua, designer paper & embellishment' {I used aqua color ribbon, DP and blings}
ABC Design Blog - 'inspiration challenge'

Recipe for this card:
Paper - textured CS in purple from Pressed petals, polka dot DP from color bok
Stamps - mini stamps of flower, cupcake and butterfly from Stampendous, Sentiment from hero Arts
Others - ribbons and blings


This is all from my side. See you again.... Have a splendid time
xoxo

14 Wonderful Comments:

Doreen said...

A wonderfully creative card, beautiful colours too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Incy Wincy this week.xxx

Justine said...

What a wonderful wonderful design, I LOVE all the dots, great interpretation of the ABC Toys & Crafts Inspiration Challenge. Thank you so much for giving us the extra shout out within your post. I'd love to see more of your word and I hope to see you around blog land

BrendaB said...

Such a cool card! I love all the stamping! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week.

tampatha said...

love the card! great interpretation of the sketch and the inspiration piece!
thanks for playing this week at AIF
-Tammy DT Lead

Jacilynn said...

Fabulous card. Love the pretty colors. I love your take on the inspiration challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!
:) Jacilynn

racinggrandma61 said...

Great job. Your color choices are great. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory challenges and please come back and join us again.

Laralee DT

Tenia Nelson said...

So love this card!!! Thanks for playing at ABC Toys and Crafts!!!

Spardha said...

beautiful card!.. love the clean look!.. its soo neat! :)

Lindsay Weirich said...

how fun and vibrant!

Kristie said...

Very pretty card! Love how you added the little butterflies :)

Kerry said...

great Neetie, I love the colours used. Thanks for joining us at "Anything Goes" this week. Love Kerry x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Mmmmm . . . DELICIOUS color palette and amazing layout! Thank you so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!

gladyschia2010 said...

So pretty card! thanks for joining us at PS and GS! I love your colors!

angelwhispers said...

These papers are such beautiful colours and the design just perfect for our theme this week. Thanks for joining us over at Anything Goes this week Chanelle xxxx